I downloaded both the PC application and iPad app, but the iPad will not connect to my PC. The message says “Cannot detect Server!” Both my PC and iPad are on the same wifi connection and I have also attempted to connect when the devices are directly connected by a wire, but no change. I have also attempted to add my PC IP address manually into the iPad app, but it eventually errors out without connecting.
How do I go about troubleshooting? Much appreciated!
This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by MrBooshay.
Could you please check the following:
1. Check your WiFi router settings if it has client isolation enabled. This setting prevents direct communication between connected devices/computers.
2. Do you have VPN (Virtual Private Network) active?
3. Do you have third party firewall/antivirus software on your primary machine?
4. When you said you attempted a direct connection by wire, is it USB tethering connection?
5. Check on your iPad Settings -> Privacy -> Local Network, if spacedesk is on the list and enabled?
If the above suggestions did not help, please send us the diagnostic files of your primary machine.
Just open the spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics -> Save All Information.
PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.