January 15, 2022 at 9:56 am #5608
Here I encountered some trouble during installation. Sorry that my computer language is Chinese but I will try to make it clear.
Everything just went well until the pop-up window appeared as the screenshot shows. The characters ‘错误 安装失败’ mean ‘Error Installation failed’ or something like that. I clicked the ‘确定'(‘OK’) button, and the window said ‘Completed the spacedesk Windows DRIVER Setup Wizard’ but the software did not work properly. Some files you may need for analyzing have been uploaded. Or tell me what you further need me to do.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.January 15, 2022 at 10:00 am #5611
By the way I used Spacedesk before on this PC and it worked quite well. The error happened when I tired to upload the software from 1018 to 1027. And later versions or the 1018 version cannot be installed from then on.January 17, 2022 at 6:00 am #5658
Thanks for sending the setup log files.
Could you please try the following:
– uninstall spacedesk via msi installer (if it’s till installed)
– go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d and download the troubleshooter program
– run the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab, select Uninstalling
– select “Not listed” then paste these product codes (one by one – including all the previous versions installed)
After the steps above, please reboot your primary machine then try again to install the latest spacedesk Driver installer.
January 22, 2022 at 2:54 pm #5893
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by spacedesk Lea.
Thank you for replying to me.
I tried the steps you told me but it doesn’t seem to work.
What should I do now?January 24, 2022 at 2:39 am #5935
Thank you very much for the feedback.
Could you please send us the following updated log files:
– spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
– setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INFJanuary 24, 2022 at 10:40 pm #5955
Thank you for your replying. Here are the files.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.January 25, 2022 at 3:45 am #5961
Thanks for sending the updated setup log files.
Based on the setup log files, spacedesk Drivers seems to install properly.
Could you please check if spacedesk Server is running on your primary machine, just run services.msc and check if you can find the spacedeskService with status “Running” and if you can find spacedesk tray icon in the task bar notification area.
By the way, please try the most recent spacedesk Driver version 1.0.31 on the website https://www.spacedesk.net/.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.