I am new to this field and want to use spacedesk for presenting pictures and videos on a video wall with 12 monitors. So, I want to know:
1. How to interconnect monitors and pc?
(Is it enough to use a 1 Gig switch, and CAT6 cables without using any other cable?)
2. How many PC is requierd? what software should be installed on it?
3. How to add (introduce) monitors in the spacedesk for creating a group of monitors?
4. Is spacedesk completely free for such applications?
1+2+3: To setup spacedesk you should have one primary machine and one (or more) secondary machine.
On primary machine you have to install the spacedesk Driver/Server.
On secondary machine, spacedesk Viewer app should be installed. If you have the 12 native monitors attached to it, then you can setup 12 viewer app instance on each monitors and connect it all to your primary machine.
You can easily setup the Videowall using the Video Wall Engine user interface.
For more details please check the spacedesk user manual https://www.spacedesk.net/user-manual/.
4. Current spacedesk BETA version is free to use until it expire on Dec.31, 2021.