Forum Replies Created
March 4, 2022 at 11:00 am in reply to: Need help with update #6718March 4, 2022 at 10:50 am in reply to: Need help with update #6717February 23, 2022 at 2:22 pm in reply to: I can’t connect using USB #6604
Hi, in case you want to try the Android Debug Bridge Cable connection, just follow the steps below:
1. Connect your android device via USB and enable the USB debugging in the Developer options on your Android System settings.
2. Download Android SDK platform tools on your primary machine, then extract it.
3. Open command prompt on the primary machine, change the directory to your android SDK platform tools folder, then type the command: adb.exe reverse tcp:28252 tcp:28252
4. On your Android device, open the spacedesk Viewer app, and make sure to disable the auto-discovery by unchecking the LAN/WiFi box below.
5. Click the + button, then try to connect to 127.0.0.1 IP address.February 22, 2022 at 12:54 pm in reply to: Need help with update #6581
Btw, when should I expect the next version release? ThanksFebruary 21, 2022 at 9:13 am in reply to: Need help with update #6542
Ok, will wait. Many thanks.February 18, 2022 at 10:21 pm in reply to: Noticeable delay and lag spikes even with tethered usb connection #6523February 18, 2022 at 10:08 pm in reply to: Need help connecting via USB #6522
Oh @aragubas, I didn’t know that. Though my tablets are running Android 10, so that wasn’t a problem for me. ThanksFebruary 18, 2022 at 10:41 am in reply to: Need help connecting via USB #6486
Good morning @lea, when I connect the tablet to laptop via USB tethering, in the Spacedesk Driver Console it shows the Remote NDIS Adapter, but the viewer app does not detect it. I seen you mentioned something similar in the past but I didn’t know you can use Spacedesk over laptop hotspot that says: Connected no internet. Will try that. I just tried the connection over ADB cable and… IT WORKD!!! Many thanks Lea. Now everything works again 🙂
- This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Matt.