Installed apps on both PC and android tablet. Tablet sees PC and correct IP but when try to connect get error saying “Connection failure: unable to connect”. Have tried disabling Norton also checked SpacedeskServices.exe is allowed in Norton. Have uninstalled and reinstalled on both to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks
Do you have VPN (Virtual Private Network) enabled?
What is the current Network Profile on primary machine? Public or Private?
You can check it in Windows Settings -> Network & Internet.
For analysis, please also run spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostic, click “Save All Information”.
PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.
Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.
We noticed that aside from Norton, you also have Malwarebytes.
Could you please try is to add “C:\Windows\system32\spacedeskService.exe” into the “Allow List” of your Malwarebytes and Norton settings to exclude spacedesk from all detections.
Ok, thanks for the feedback.
Could you please try the steps below after disabling your Malwarebytes and Norton Firewall:
– open the spacedesk Driver Console window -> Diagnostics
– if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
– switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
– try to connect your viewer app and reproduce the “Unable to connect” issue
– switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
– click Save All Information button
Then send us the updated diagnostic logs collected.