Hello. I’m trying to update to the latest spacedesk driver, but the installer keeps failing (I get a ‘installer not responding’ message). I am trying to unistall the old version to see if that could be the cause, but i get the same error message as install. I don’t know what to do. This just happens with spacedesk, all other apps install and work just fine.
For further analysis, please send us the following:
– run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
– spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
– setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF
Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.
Thanks for sending the requested logs.
The logs doesn’t show any new traces upon running the spacedesk msi installer.
I assume, the installer immediately hangs even before spacedesk trace logging.
Could you please try the steps below:
– Run “services.msc”
– Find “Windows Installer” then double click it
– On the drop down menu of Startup type, select ‘Automatic’ -> OK, then close the window.
– Reboot the machine, then try again with spacedesk installer and let us know your result.
Hello, I found a “solution”, I manually started the service but kept getting the same error. So I just kept pressing ‘retry’ until eventually it worked. I don’t know what could be wrong but at least the program is running now.