“On the other hand, if the auto-rotation in the viewer side is enabled, the viewer app will send it’s current display orientation back to server so the PC/server will acknowledge it and rotate it’s display screen accordingly (will be reflected in the Windows Display Settings).”
-> sorry to keep insisting: it doesn’t make sense that the Laptop display rotates also if the iPad display rotates. I can’t read anything on a screen upside down if I have a classically attached display on a Laptop. But I do want the iPad display to rotate as I may want to write something on my iPad and want to rotate the iPad (e.g. attached keyboard may require a rotation, or the case elevates the iPad in the back to be able to easier write with the pen)
So the question is how can I enable rotation on iPad but have no rotation on the PC/Laptop
This is weared.
It’s the PC who is the master, sending the screens to the iPad, not the other way around. So the PC screen should never rotate even if you rotate the receiving iPad device.
I meant „disabled“
Well, I don’t want the primary display to rotate because it’s a PC.
If I disable auto-rotation then also the iPad auto-rotation is displayed which is not what I want.
There is an error when trying to send the video file. Can I send you the video via email?
Attached the config with auto-rotation. Here the screen of the iPad rotates if I turn it 180 degrees which is correct. But it also rotates the PC screen. The PC screen shouldn’t rotate and stay firm.
If I disable rotation then the iPad screen doesn’t rotate which is not what I want.
– Cleared Windows Display Settings
– Auto-Rotation Off: now the PC display doesn’t rotate anymore but also the iPad display doesn’t rotate. But the iPad display should rotate, only the PC display shouldn’t rotate.
3. yeah I know, if auto start is set on, then the Console starts automatically and all is fine. But if you don’t want to auto start then you must remember that after launch of Spacedesk to also start manually Console
1. you are right swapping the iPad from left to right side of the PC worked then with moving the cursor to iPad.
2. the problem is that one should be able to rotate the iPad independently. The PC display should not rotate at all. I need to rotate the iPad if I want to write on the iPad as the case cover elevates the iPad at the back a little so that I can write easely. If I then want to use the iPad for a meeting presentation I’ve to rotate the iPad so that it stands freely on its free stand
3. Yes one can start the Console manually but you need to remember to set “Spacedesk ON” after you launched the Console. This should by default be to ON – or at least have the choice to set the default value.
If you disable auto-start for the PC Desktop App and launch the Desktop App manually it doesn’t keep the “Console on” setting when you restart the PC. So one must enable “Console On” after the Desktop App has been started.
Would be good that the App keeps the default settings when the PC is restarted, and even in case auto-start is disabled.
Feature full software to mirror PC display on my iPad 11 iOS 15.4.1. I’m using for presentations a free stand for the IPad. So I need to turn the iPad by 180 degree. The display is then upside down on the iPad. If I set alternatively the auto-rotation feature it turns also the display of the PC and you can’t read the PC display anymore. Would be could if you could fix that. If one rotates the iPad the display should also rotate. But the PC display should always stay firm and not rotate. Thanks if you can help!